Social media advertising is a game-changer for businesses that want to reach their target audience effectively. Facebook advertising is one of the most popular forms of online advertising, leading the way with over two billion active monthly users. However, it’s not enough to simply implement facebook ads white label and hope for the best. Businesses need to find ways to create an effective advertising strategy that’ll engage their target audience effectively. One powerful tool that can help businesses gain a winning advantage is the use of custom audiences. In this article, we’ll take a detailed look at custom audiences and how you can use them to your advantage.
- What Are Custom Audiences?
In essence, custom audiences are a tool that allows businesses to define their target audience based on a range of criteria. It’s a feature that allows businesses to create a custom list of people to target their ads specifically to. The custom audience feature takes into account elements such as email addresses, phone numbers, or even Facebook user IDs, which businesses can upload to Facebook so the social media giant can match them with its user base. By doing so, it creates a custom audience list of users that businesses can target their ads to.
- How to Create a Custom Audience
Creating a custom audience is relatively straightforward. Advertisers can choose between several ways of creating a Facebook custom audience, such as uploading a CSV file or manually inputting the necessary fields. It’s essential to remember that the custom audience you wish to create should consist of a minimum of 100 users to be valid. Once the custom audience has been created, businesses can use Facebook’s targeting options to engage the unique group of users in the most effective way possible.
- Advantages of Custom Audiences
There are multiple benefits of using custom audiences to target Facebook ads, such as:
- Intentional Targeting – Custom audiences enable businesses to target specific groups of users who’ve already engaged with them, rather than targeting potential customers who may have little to no interest in their product or service.
- Increased Relevance and Personalisation – Custom audiences allow more meaningful interaction that feels undoubtedly more relevant to the user. Personalised messaging increases the likelihood of interaction with and an affinity in the user’s mind for the brand.
- Reduced Advertising Cost – Since custom audiences are highly targeted, the business’s cost-per-click rate will decrease since the advertisements will be served to highly motivated users who will likely convert.
- Types of Custom Audiences
Four types of custom audiences can be created on Facebook. Below is an overview of each type:
- Website Visitors – You can use Facebook pixel to create custom audiences of users that visited your website.
- Email List – You can upload a list of email addresses to Facebook to create a custom audience for your email subscribers.
- Phone Number List – You can upload a list of phone numbers to create a custom list that may contain the phone numbers of individuals that you have spoken to over the phone.
- Engagement – You can create a custom audience of people who have interacted with your ads, shared your content or engaged with your company page.
- Remarketing with Custom Audiences
Remarketing is an ideal way to use custom audiences. Remarketing campaigns effectively re-engage potential customers and leads who engaged with a business’s website, Facebook page, or in-app content. By creating a custom audience of users who have abandoned their carts or failed to finalize a purchase, an advertiser can serve ads to them that encourage them to convert.
Custom audiences offer a winning edge for advertisers using Facebook ads. With the benefits of intent-driven targeting, personalised advertising opportunities, and reduced advertising cost, custom audiences can be a valuable tool in a business’s advertising arsenal. You can create custom audiences from email lists, phone number lists, engagement, and website visitors. Remarketing campaigns targeted towards people who have shown an interest in your brand can lead to increased ROI and have a decisive impact on your bottom line. Customize your advertising efforts and watch the positive impact custom audiences can have on your Facebook advertising campaign.