Dedicated server hosting is a form of service provided by a hosting provider that dedicates a specific server to a single client or for a single function, such as a website. A dedicated server differs from shared hosting, in which a single server is able to cater well to several clients. It also means that the website is hosted on its own computer. This form of service has a lot of advantages and functionalities with specific charges.
Some of the benefits gained from dedicated server hosting are:
- Resource Use – The dedicated server helps you access resources available at the user’s disposal for exclusive usage, providing a significant advantage over shared hosting. The user will benefit from flawless performance which is essential during the busy hours, computing power, and bandwidth, which will be available for exclusive usage.
- Flexibility – The dedicated server will let the user sell or run the business at the desired configurations. With growing business, the user will be able to avail of new opportunities and access new markets to scale up their businesses. For more storage, processing, or backup, a dedicated server is the first choice for many users. Also, the flexibility is able to adjust for high expectations, quick access, and faster page loading with a better user experience.
- Reliability and Performance – Reliability is such an important benefit because it helps to provide the much-required peak performance for the business. For the times when the traffic is heavy, the web hosting company has to ensure that the server does not crash and redirect the extra resources required. The good management of web hosting through dedicated servers is helpful for businesses to solve any issues arising through troubleshooting. A host of resources and technicians are available at the user’s disposal round the clock to solve issues arising from time to time.
- Affordability – Technological advancements always come with the need of a good amount of capital expenditure, and any growing business will be challenged by such requirements. The dedicated sharing service will be able to solve this issue with a reasonable set price, and the cost is much more acceptable owing to technical support and physical security.
- Security – The dedicated servers will ensure that infrastructure helps to provide access to the user’s business, ensure sufficient security measures against hackers and malware through the secured firewalls, monitoring, and access control. The data separation also helps in the process of providing security for quick recovery in case of backend exploits. The user will also be able to install and run applications to ensure newer levels of security and access control.
To conclude, for hosting in India, several factors such as cost, power, traffic, bandwidth, and server control impact the visible characteristics of reliability, performance, scalability, and flexibility. Considering the diverse and growing business requirements, businesses should opt for dedicated server hosting to enjoy the benefits discussed here.